Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Casual or Formal Wedding

I remember when my husband and I started planning our wedding. We were in our early 20's and had very little money so for us a pig roast came to mind. Casual shorts & t-shirts as the attire, backyard setting it seemed appropriate at the time but soon our low budget wedding idea was being thrown out, the opinions were out and we wanted to please our parents. So we did the formal wedding, banquet hall, dress, tux the whole deal. Do I look back with regrets? Yes & No...

I loved our wedding because my husband and I planned it and paid for it all by ourselves, and it turned out to be an awesome wedding, but I must admit we were influenced by our parents and had I do it over again I would have done an intimate wedding and worried more about having fun on our special day.

So casual or formal - I say do what your heart and budget say. We were recently invited to a morning wedding at a hall but casual attire a must I have to say I am really looking forward to this wedding it's unique, fun, and best of all I get to wear JEANS!!!!

No comments: