1. The most important: Marry the right person. I didn’t say the perfect person since they don’t exist but marry the right person for you. Marry your soul mate. Someone who makes you laugh, that comforts you when you are down, who loves you for who you are now what you look like . Someone you want to grow old with.
2. You can never be over-prepared. Read books. Prepare. Befriend married couples and ask them lots of questions. Take pre-marital counseling classes.
3. Make the planning process easy - Keep it simple and ask for help when you need it.
4. The Wedding isn’t a show. It’s a worship service and celebration. Don’t do stuff to impress people but rather, make choices that are meaningful and reflect you and your relationship.
5. Honor your parents. The wedding isn’t just for you. It’s an opportunity to honor your guests, your family, but especially your parents. Carve out time during the actual wedding ceremony to speak heart to heart to your parents and let them know how much you appreciate them.
6. PLEASE do not go into DEBT to just put on a fancy party. The location, food, and glitz in the end it will be a memory - Save your money for a down payment on a house or go on a great Honeymoon.
7. It only happens once. So ENJOY!